1-kg fresh sole fish (boiled and boneless)
1 Egg (well-beaten)
2 slices bread
6 red chilles
1 pod garlic
2tbsp. tomato puree (can be substituted with 4 ripe tomatoes)
1 tbsp. chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp chopped mint leaves
½ tsp garam masala
1 tbsp. coriander powder
Oil for frying
1. Mash fish and add egg, bread, mint, coriander leaves and salt.
2. Garnish 18-20 balls and deep fry. Keep aside.
3. Grind red chillies, garlic and onions to a fine paste.
4. Heat oil, fry ground masala and when it browns, add chopped tomatoes or tomato puree and fry till the oil floats on top.
5. Add garam masala, coriander powder and 2 cups of boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes.
6. Just before serving add the fried fish balls and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves